Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Biggest loser Contest at Jimmy Lee's Total Fitness

Yesterday my wife and I decided to enroll in the Biggest Loser 6 Week Bootcamp at Jimmy Lee's Total Fitness in Bixby, Oklahoma. Most of you, I'm sure, have heard of the TV Show, the Biggest Loser, which was won 2 years ago by Broken Arrow Resident, Danny Cahill.

Well, Jimmy Lee, the owner of Jimmy Lee's Total Fitness (natch), has started running his own, local version, of the TV hit!

The 6 week Bootcamp, costs just $25, and includes unlimited access to the Gym, and the Group training classes. With classes scheduled throughout the day Monday thru Saturday, and 24-7 access to the gym, it can fit into anyone's schedule!b The winner of the contest gets one full year of Free Personal Training, to further help them along towards their goals!

This blog will be chronicling my journey from my current weight of 205 lbs, and Body Mass Index(BMI) of 31.4, to (hopefully), my goal weight of 175 lbs, and a healthy BMI of less than 20! My long-term goal (win or lose), is to compete in a Triathlon next year!
In addition to the workout regimen, which I will be chronicling here, we have also committed to a low calorie, low carb, low fat, and high protein diet, which requires 6 small meals a day. So, for those who want to follow along, I will also be posting our daily menu here, with Calorie, Carb, Fat, and Protein counts.

So, get your sweats, your sneakers, and your lifting gloves, and get ready to FEEL THE BURN!

P.S. I will post my "before" picture, tonight or tomorrow. Just be warned, it ain't pretty!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jai. I know you can do this. I'm working on losing my last 10 lbs of baby-weight, and we have our own Biggest Loser contest here at work. I've always been a firm believer in living a healthy-lifestyle. So many people are quick to talk about God and having a good spiritual life, but then they neglect their bodies that are the temple of God. I just don't get it. So here's to you! Take it a day at a time. There will be times when you have an oops and fall off the 'health-wagon' but don't let that discourage you. Falling only equals failure when you don't get back up and try again. :) ~Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, and keep going on your journey, as well. You are so right about the temple being an integral part of total spiritual wellness!

    ReplyDelete