Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 3 Workout

Tennis ballImage via Wikipedia
Alright! Today's workout!

Since yesterday was such an intense day, and we have classes again tomorrow, today we went fairly light.

We started this morning, with our morning routine of Tennis at GW Roland Park in Coweta. It was a little tough, with the soreness in our legs and shoulders from yesterday's workouts, but we persevered, and made it thru thirty minutes.

After tennis, we came home, and I did today's Perfect Pushup Routine, which i have been doing for a little over one month. Today, was actually Day 5 of my 2nd cycle thru. The way it works, is on day one, you do one set of pushups using the Perfect Pushup handles. You do as many as you can, maintaining perfect form. Then, based upon that number, your routine is set for the 17 day cycle. This cycle, my max was 22, so I am using the Routine settings for 20. That means that every exercise is done with a 2 minute routine of 14, 10, and 6 reps. Day 5, is 1 set of Regular width, 1 set of Wide grip, and 1 Narrow grip. These REALLY work! I highly recommend them!

I did not go to the gym twice today, as I mentioned before, this was a light day. So, after I picked Dawn up from work, we headed over to Jimmy Lee's to put in a little work.

We started with a 15 minute Calorie Burner on the Treadmill. We followed that with 3 sets of crunches on the abs machine. And finished up with some bench presses (185 lbs, since I didn't have a spotter), and Chest Fly.

And, that's all! Like I said, just a light workout today. Back to the hardcore stuff tomorrow!

Remember, we didn't get out of shape in one day, and we're not going to get thin in one day! Patience, perseverance, and determination are the tools that will help us to achieve our goals!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment